Cross-Company Corporate Mentoring
Learn, develop, and grow with an external mentor or mentee for a 6-month partnership!
Recruitment now open Winter Cohort: October 2020 – March 2021
“Due to COVID-19 this year we are going virtual until in-person meetings are possible. We will be providing tips, tools and tricks throughout the program to help you to engage virtually and still be able to benefit from the connections!”
TELUS EMPLOYEES - APPLY NOW
The Bringing Women Together (BWT) Mentorship program connects women and allies across the BWT network. This unique cross-organizational program allows for individuals to connect, learn and, grow both personally and professionally.
The best part – this program is fully included with your organization’s BWT membership funds and is completely free for all individuals to participate in!
By applying to the program, you will be committing to:
- 1 hour a month for 6 months
- Kickoff, mid-year check-in, closing event, and feedback
- Slack group interaction
- Virtual Matching Interview in September
Mentoring is defined as a developmental relationship in which a mentor provides professional and personal support and guidance to a mentee.
Mentors will give mentees an opportunity to discuss challenges so they can analyze and learn in a collaborative, constructive, and confidential environment. They will provide the perspective necessary for success while strengthening their leadership skills as they coach, motivate, and empower mentees.
Mentees will benefit from their mentors’ shared experiences and guidance, as they explore defined goals to reach success. Acting as the lead for co-ordinating meetings, setting goals, and outlining how the mentor can help, mentees have the opportunity to make use of our fantastic mentor’s time to best learn, develop, and grow!
Benefits of our program
- Paid for by the member organizations sponsorship – which means it is completely free for the individual participants from our member companies!
- Opportunity to build cross-company/cross-industry connections with women and allies.
- Opportunity to engage with other mentors and mentees through our online SLACK group to create further connection across the network.
- July 2020 – September 9, 2020 – Applications open (no extensions)
- September 17, 2020 – Mentor/Mentee Virtual Matching Interview event
- September 18, 2020 – October 2, 2020 – Final matching
- Early October 2020 – Confirmation of matches sent. Mentees connect with their mentors to start the program. Program kickoff session held
- October 2020 – March 2021 – Mentees and Mentors connect to set and work through goals and objectives engage in the Slack community.
- January 2020 – Half-way check in & midpoint feedback
- March 2021– Program Wrap-up and closing survey
- Apply to the program (application deadline is September 9, 2020)
- Watch your inbox for a meeting invite to our mandatory virtual Matching Interview event in September
How does our matching process work?
Initial match based on application ➡ Virtual “meet and greet” – Meet your potential matches ➡ Final matches based on your input
Our goal is to make sure that we can make the best matches possible and that everyone who applies is matched with a mentor and/or mentee.
After you apply, the team will work diligently to match potential pairs. You will then have the opportunity to meet your potential pair in a virtual meet and greet and provide input into who you think you will work best with and get the most impact from working with. This is a mandatory meeting that will occur in mid-September.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our mentoring program Co-leads Ashley Chen and Tara Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is September 9, 2020.APPLY NOW
TELUS EMPLOYEES - APPLY NOW